WELCOME TO PINE RIVER Area MIDDLE SCHOOL
Pine River Area Middle School provides a comprehensive educational program for approximately 340 students in grades four through seven. In addition to a strong, aligned core curriculum, Pine River students enjoy a vast array of educational opportunities including world language, digits math (6-8) graphic design, the Arts (band, choir, Jazz band, woods, art, painting), physical education including strength and conditioning, fifteen Career Technological courses through WMISD, and a comprehensive special education program including a work study option. Pine River also offers on-line high school credited courses that allow students to pursue courses linked to their educational development plan. (For more programs please see our Course Description book posted on the Middle/High School page.)
Other educational opportunities for students include:
- Baker College direct credit courses offered during the school day in English Composition, Spanish, Calculus and Speech
- Apply for the “Enhanced High School” program with Baker College in which participating students attend direct credit courses at Pine River in the morning and Baker College in the afternoon.
- Dual Enrollment with Ferris State
- College and Career Ready Chromebook initiative
Beyond the Classroom:
- NJHS and NHS programs with a record level of volunteerism
- Middle and High school Student Councils
- Strong athletic program (MS: Football (club based), Cross Country, basketball(boy’s and girl’s), Wrestling (club), Track (boy’s and girls); HS: Football, Soccer, Cross Country, Wrestling, Basketball (boy’s and girl’s), Competitive Cheer, Softball, Baseball, Track (boy’s and girls).
- Credit Recovery
- Help Desk
- The “HERD” (student spirit group)
- Principal’s Council
Working together, the Pine River Middle School community will provide a rigorous learning environment in which all students will be cared for and challenged to achieve their full potential.
Principal – Emily Adema, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dean of Students – Cody Wagatha, email@example.com
Secretary – Tammy Moore firstname.lastname@example.org
Athletic Director – Shawn Ruppert, email@example.com
MS School Success Worker – Bryan McConnell, firstname.lastname@example.org