WELCOME TO PINE RIVER AREA HIGH SCHOOL
Pine River Middle/High School provides a comprehensive educational program for approximately 595 students in grades six through twelve. In addition to a strong, aligned core curriculum, Pine River students enjoy a vast array of educational opportunities including world language, digits math (6-8) graphic design, the Arts (band, choir, Jazz band, woods, art, painting), physical education including strength and conditioning, fifteen Career Technological courses through WMISD, and a comprehensive special education program including a work study option. Pine River also offers on-line high school credited courses that allow students to pursue courses linked to their educational development plan. (For more programs please see our Course Description book posted on the Middle/High School page.)
Other educational opportunities for students include:
- Baker College direct credit courses offered during the school day in English Composition, Spanish, Calculus and Speech
- Apply for the “Enhanced High School” program with Baker College in which participating students attend direct credit courses at Pine River in the morning and Baker College in the afternoon.
- Dual Enrollment with Ferris State
- College and Career Ready Chromebook initiative
Beyond the Classroom:
- NJHS and NHS programs with a record level of volunteerism
- Middle and High school Student Councils
- Strong athletic program (MS: Football (club based), Cross Country, basketball(boy’s and girl’s), Wrestling (club), Track (boy’s and girls); HS: Football, Soccer, Cross Country, Wrestling, Basketball (boy’s and girl’s), Competitive Cheer, Softball, Baseball, Track (boy’s and girls).
- Credit Recovery
- Help Desk
- The “HERD” (student spirit group)
- Principal’s Council
POINTS OF PRIDE
- REWARD SCHOOL DESIGNATION (HS)
- NEW INTERIM ASSESSMENT AND INTERVENTION PROGRAM FOR GRADES SIX THROUGH ELEVEN.
- AWARD WINNING BAND PROGRAM
- DUAL ENROLLMENT, DIRECT CREDIT, ENHANCED HIGH SCHOOL AND ON-LINE COURSES.
- STRONG ATHLETIC PROGRAM
- CHROMEBOOK INITIATIVE
- PARENT AND COMMUNITY SUPPORT: BOOSTER CLUB, BUCK PRIDE GROUP, FRIENDS OF THE MIDDLE SCHOOL, SENIOR PARENT GROUP
- TEACHER-LED SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT PROCESS
WORKING TOGETHER, THE PINE RIVER MIDDLE/HIGH SCHOOL COMMUNITY WILL PROVIDE A RIGOROUS LEARNING ENVIRONMENT IN WHICH ALL STUDENTS WILL BE CARED FOR AND CHALLENGED TO ACHIEVE THEIR FULL POTENTIAL.
PRINCIPAL – BRENT RUPPERT, BRENT.RUPPERT@PINERIVER.ORG
DEAN OF STUDENTS – SHAWN RUPPERT, SHAWN.RUPPERT@PINERIVER.ORG
SECRETARY – LINDA FULLERTON LINDA.FULLERTON@PINERIVER.ORG
ATHLETIC DIRECTOR – SHAWN RUPPERT, SHAWN.RUPPERT@PINERIVER.ORG
HS COUNSELOR – BECKY CURTIS, BECKY.CURTISL@PINERIVER.ORG